Puerto Rico San Juan Condado Ocean Park Beach Beautiful Aqua Blue Sky Clean White Sand Palm Coconut Trees Ocean Swimming.
|Welcome! Rated by several leading guides like Frommers.com as one of the best beaches for it's broadness and cleanness in San Juan metro area, the beautiful Ocean Park beach is only 2 minutes walk away. Just grab your beach towels and suntan lotion, and you will enjoy an aqua-colored ocean and perfect blue sky. Relax or read a good book meanwhile getting your perfect tan. It's quite empty during the week but favored by small local crowds & families during weekends. Although subjected to availabilities, we provide beach mats, chairs, coolers & body-boards for free.|
There are two restaurants right on the beach: Pamela's (tropical cuisine) & Uvva's (creative criollo).
The beach is always wavy but normally good for swimming. If you are up for it, there are activities right on the beach like the new and exciting kite-surfing, and the all time favorite body-boarding. You could also try windsurfing and kayaking in the Puntas Las Marias beach area which is just 5 minutes away by walking.
If you are visiting around June 20, you are in for a treat in the Noche de San Juan Festival right here in Ocean Park Beach. Take a lucky dip with locals at midnight. There are bonfires, live music performances & dancing. Please ask us for more details.
Enjoy sunsets at our beach from mid-April to mid-August. In June, it's quite spectacular to see when the sun melts away into the ocean.
Check out what travel experts have to say about our Ocean Park Beach Community:
1) "36 Hours: Old San Juan, P.R." New York Times (free registration required), Mar 4, 2005
2) "A weekend in sunny San Juan" canoe.ca / Associated Press, Feb 11, 2005
3) "Ocean Park: San Juan's Best Kept Secret" titled in an article in Caribbean Travel Magazine, Dec 01, 2000
4) Personal blog by one of our guests - Matthew Weinstein: "A Puerto Rico, me encanta!"
5) Described as “One of the most attractive beaches in Greater San Juan” by Frommer.com
• There is no accessible & swimmable beach in Old San Juan town area. The nearest one from town is Escambrón Beach (about 30 mins by walking).
• Ocean Park beach is rated as one of the top 15 beaches in Puerto Rico by our local government.
• Our beach is cleaned by a tractor almost everyday.
• Two beachfront restaurants offer drinks, meals and lounge chairs.
• Unlike other beaches with noisy, motorized water jet skis or power boats, there are only kite-boarders and wind-surfers zig-zagging at designated areas. They are quite fascinating to watch.